Thursday, August 30, 2007

Great Game!

Okay...so my son and I walk from our hotel to the stadium about a mile away. It's very hot and humid out and I'm tired and sweating and he's tired too. We try to get in and they inspect my bag and tell me an umbrella can't be brought into the stadium. Well, I had to throw it in the trash...no way I'm forcing him to walk another mile back to the hotel :) We get some snacks and head to our seats and we hear a bunch of thunder and see lighting. They order everyone out of the seating areas to seek cover in the concession areas. This ends up delaying the game by about 30 minutes. Finally back in our seats, it starts raining pretty hard and of course I don't have an umbrella so I pulled out our jackets, which worked for the most part. The game starts in the rain and it eventually stops. We're both excited to watch and after the first few plays, the starters are yanked out and scrubs inserted in. The last 56 minutes of the game was a horrible NFL game, but an awesome high school football game :) It was field goal after field goal. The only TD was in the last minute of the game when Carolina's 3rd string QB threw an interception that the Steelers ran back for a TD. As the last seconds ticked off the clock, another sprinkle came...and then a lot of sprinkles....and then a downpour for our mile walk back to the hotel.

So, why was it a great game? My son said he had a great time. Really, that's all that mattered to me. I have such a good time doing the father/son things.

At the hotel before our long walk to the game.


Here we are in the front of the stadium panther statues



Before the game started


Tried getting some good cheerleader pictures


End of game...check his hair out after being rained on and very tired