Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Protein Pancakes

I made these before my vacation and took some on the road. They are absolutely delicious. I microwaved them so they were warm, but I'm sure they would be good cold too. I used buckwheat pancake mix...is that okay? The ingredients are whole grain buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour, leavening, dextrose, and salt. Sounds okay to me...stats are 1g fat, 290mg sodium, 28g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g sugar, and 5g protein.

Anyway, here is my recipe:

Buckwheat Protein Pancakes

1 Cup Buckwheat Pancake Mix (I used Hodgson Mill, All Natural Stone Ground)
3 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Body Fortress)
2 Large Egg Whites
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Tbsp Olive Oil

Preheat griddle. Place pancake mix and protein powder into mixing bowl; add milk and eggs, stir in olive oil. Mix just until blended. Cook on one side until bubbles form on the edges, then flip and cook on other side until golden brown.

Nutrional Stats for entire batch (I usually divide into 3 servings for ~300 calories)
Calories: 998
protein: 101 grams (41%)
carbs: 100 grams (40%)
fat: 22 grams (19%)

Enjoy!