Monday, May 21, 2007

Now What?

It's always kind of a let down after completing a 12 week challenge. I worked so hard to get to the end, but always feel like I let myself down and could have done better. Could I have done better? I guess the answer is always YES. I could have eaten a grilled chicken instead of a Quiznos Sub. I could have increased the intensity during my extra cardio. Still though, it's those little slips that keep me sane I think. Sometimes your mind and body just need a break from the constant "abuse" you give it. Is abuse the right word? Sometimes I think it is, but it's that same abuse that progresses you forward. If I wasn't in pain after abusing myself, I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in now.

I'm taking a break from constant healthy eating this week. I'm not going overboard on junk food, but I'm not planning my meals either. I will partake in food found in the office (Dunkin Donuts this morning). I'll also hit some local restaurants and not look at the fat content. I will gain a few pounds this week. The good news is I know how to lose weight now and breaks like this are barely a blip on my road to the end.

I'm still hitting the weights hard though. I was just thinking yesterday that in the last 15 months, I've maybe missed a total of 3 workouts. I've probably had to reschedule a few workouts, but only skipped about 3. That's damn good if you ask me. I'll start a new challenge in a couple weeks and of course I already started the Ab challenge. All extra cardio is out the window for at least 6 weeks while I try to build mass. Then the last 6 weeks I'll try cutting and see how that goes.

Okay, that's enough thinking for the day. I'll leave you with my transformation for the last 15 months.