Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Apple Pie Filling Dessert

Wendy (georgiagirl) posted a apple pie filling recipe on the Glamazons recipe post on Tracker. It looked and sounded really good. I plugged it into my nutrition software and it came out like this:

protein: 16 grams (23%)
carbs: 38 grams (60%)
fat: 9 grams (17%)

I wasn't happy with that so I modified it a little and increased to 2 servings and got:

1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup
1 apple (I took the skin off but not sure if it matters)
1 cup Fat Free cottage cheese
1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I used Body Fortress Vanilla from Walmart)
splenda to taste
cinnamon to taste

blend it all together and pour into 2 containers and freeze. Eat like ice cream...yummy.


Per serving stats:
Calories: 308
protein: 37 grams (48%)
carbs: 27 grams (35%)
fat: 6 grams (17%)

You could probably reduce protein powder to 1.5 scoops and get closer to 40/40/20 and reduce calories at the same time if needed.